Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.

I had to think about this one for a few. There are so many things that I hope to do in my lifetime, like. oh... spending a year hanging out with Bert The Conqueror, or maybe swimming with the dolphins or even possibly whitewater rafting...

But, I thought I would choose something a little bit different. Something a little more meaningful and 'deep'.

In all honesty, I think that the one most important thing I would like to do with my life is to make a difference in someone else's life. By nature, I am a helper and an encourager. I like to see other people succeed and be happy. Not for any credit of my own, but because I sincerely love to see others enjoying their lives in a healthy, productive and meaningful way.

At times I feel as if I have nothing to give to other people and that makes me very sad. But, at others, I know that what I have to give is not always material and that a listening ear, a thoughtful gesture, a kind word, a 'You can do it!" is more important than anything I could financially bestow on someone else.

I have a plethora of experiences from which I have to draw from and though I may not have enjoyed journeying through those periods in my life, they have given me many resources from which to glean wisdom on what to do or not to do in any given situation. That enables me to help others who are going through similar situations.

If I could, I would be the one building houses for people in need, I would be the one making anonymous donations to helpful charities and causes, but at this point I can't. And although it would be totally awesome to be able to travel the world participating in disaster clean-ups and other activities of the sort, I also know that there are plenty of opportunities close to home in which I can give encouragement and love to people who are just trying to get by in their every day life and just need a little support.

However, if Bert The Conqueror does call and ask me to hang out with him for a year... I'm totally going to take him up on it!