Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.

Now, this post isn't so hard to come up with an answer for. The biggest mistake of my life, the one that has caused most of the problems with raising my children, the thing that has made life the hardest for me .....

Quitting school and giving up on my education is the biggest thing I need to forgive myself for. I was a very good student. I could have gone on to college, had a career and financial stability. But, I didn't. I quit school after my Sophomore year, got married and divorced and then had to find whatever jobs I could find to support my family from then on. Minimum wage jobs, mostly. My whole life.

And now, at the age of 35, no matter how smart I am or what abilities I have.. minimum wage jobs are all I have to look forward to because once a potential employer sees I have no education, the door gets slammed in my face almost immediately. By someone young enough to be my son or daughter and had been smart enough to go and GET AN EDUCATION.